. . . . .

10.30.2005



It's official: I'm a dork.


I decided to start a blog. Why? I guess now I actually have things to write about. Yeah, now that I'm laying in bed all day, my life is interesting. Or more interesting than it was, anyway... Also, writing a blog will probably help me deal with this emotionally and blah blah blah.

When I have more ambition, I'll probably fill in the story as to why I'm stuck in bed all day. If you're reading this, you already know what's going on anyway.

So... I feel old because today my legs are cramping up and I'm feeling restless. My dad told me to try and move around a little bit, so i got my walker out and clomped around the house a little. As of last week I am now 23 - and I'm using a walker, suffering from insomnia, and taking enough pills to firmly place me in the geriatric demographic. I'd say my lack of hair also makes me look like a balding grandma - except that the half-shaved, half-long hair thing I have going on, along with the staples, makes me look kind of punk or something.

My mom and I looked over some of my school stuff this morning to try and form a gameplan for the rest of the semester. I'm hoping to be back at school by mid- to late-November. I don't want to drop any of my classes, because I still want to graduate in May. This semester was going to be all about taking the GRE and applying for grad schools, but I don't think there' s any way that can happen now. I don't know if I'm going to take a semester off after graduating or what... I'd rather not think that far ahead, it's depressing. Anyway, if i work my butt off, I should probably be able to at least pass this semester. It's going to be hard since the painkillers make my brain fuzzy. So much for my goal of getting straight A's.

Other things that happened today: Adrienne and Matt came by to visit, which was really nice. Later, the Stenners stopped by and brought Raji over. I worked on flexing my knee a little bit - it's not going very well... but I'll keep working on it.

No comments: