. . . . .

11.01.2005



Before the drugs wore off


I still haven't figured out how to create a title [ed. - fixed]. Blah! I can create webpages but somehow I can't figure out blogs.

Anyway, I'm in a ridiculously good mood today. I think it's because my tummy feels better (it's been bothering me) and I'm glad to have the surgery over with. The surgery went well. When I came in to the hospital and after they put me in a gown and everything, I had to answer the same set of questions like three times. No I don't smoke, I don't have diabetes, etc. I asked the nurse if they were going to put a breathing tube in me, and she said yes and asked why I was wondering. I told her it really bothered me during my last surgery, and I kept feeling like I couldn't breathe. She was really surprised that I remembered having it in and told me to discuss it with the anesthesiologist. I discussed it with him and he was also surprised because I rememered them putting it in and later taking it out. Since today's surgery wasn't an emergency, I was asleep through the entire breathing tube ordeal. Yay!

So, note to self: learn how to use a cast bag. Apparently I didn't do a very good job of keeping my cast dry. I guess everyone got really worried when they took my cast off because my foot was blue, but it was just because my blue cast dyed my foot. Oops. They didn't put a new cast on yet because they want the area to dry out or something. They put on a splint and wrapped it up and I have to go back Friday for a new cast. Maybe I'll have them do polka dots or something on this cast ;)

After I got home we had a little bit of a scare because my toes were swollen and numb. We called the doctor and he said it's nothing to worry about. They wrapped it pretty tight, so I have to try and keep my foot from swelling too much. My doctor was really nice on the phone. Everyone at the hospital was really nice too - I have a whole new respect for anyone who works in a hospital.

Raji and Ali came over tonight on Raji's dinner break, which was nice. Ali brought over all my mail and other important stuff. They kept laughing at me because I was out of it. I was just so comfy... Kind of like now... Okay, time for bed.

No comments: