. . . . .

12.22.2005



quick update



Here are some things I'll forget to write if I don't write them down now:

- I added some links: Brian, Ryan, and Ali (my roomie)'s blogs, and Erik's site. Brian likes it when people leave comments. :)
- Here are the updates that the Leader Telegram wrote about some of us who were injured in the accident. As I mentioned in a previous post, the updates accompanied a story about Jessi that was in Sunday's paper. I'm really not very difficult to reach for comment; the reporter was pretty lazy.
- My music history final couldn't have gone better. I figured I'd end up leaving most of it blank since I was gone for so much of the semester and haven't done much reading since the accident. And I couldn't concentrate well enough to study much. However, the final was pretty much all on the material covered since I went back to class. The essay questions were so broad that they were pretty easy to answer. I shouldn't have been so worried anyway - the final was on music in the past 60 years or so. I'm a percussionist, that's my time period.
- Prof. Hellenbrand is letting me take an incomplete in music history so I can finish my paper over break. Say what you will about him, but he's been very helpful through all of this.
- My grade report pisses me off: all W's and IN's (withdrawals and incompletes), with the exception of A's in my percussion classes. Woohoo, I got two credits this semester. What a fucking waste of time and money. I used to pride myself in never having to repeat or otherwise withdraw from a class. At least I have a good reason. I'm usually so committed to school that I have to keep telling myself to not feel like it's my fault that this semester was such a waste.
- Eric came over and had a beer with me last night. Yay! I'm going to make my first venture out to the bars next week. I don't get to drink much at all really, but it will be fun to go out with friends again. It's what I've been looking forward to for a while.

3 comments:

Andrei S said...

Did I hear - BEER?! :-) Hm. If I'm around, I would love to accompany your trip out. Lemme know.

Ryan and Max's Mama said...

beer...sweet...

Yep, I'm gonna say that the reported as either lazy or just plain stupid.

Oh well. Have a Merry Christmas!

ami said...

mmmm, BEER! it's going to happen tuesday, wednesday, or thursday, or maybe all of the above. ;)

funny story about the reporter, my roomie told me someone called for me, and upon hearing i wasn't home, asked for my dad... who doesn't live there... then the caller pretty much hung up when ali asked to take a message. had he stayed on the line, he would have learned that i don't live there right now. i think that was the reporter calling.