. . . . .

12.30.2005



R&R



I am curled up on my side in my bed, in my house. The covers are pulled up to my chin and there are two cats on the bed, one next to me and one in the crook behind my knees. I do not hear the sounds of footsteps, or dogs barking, or people talking about me, or snoring. I only hear soft noises from Allison in the next room - enough to let me know I'm not alone. I think about the relaxing day that awaits me, which will be spent playing music or spending time with Raji. The sleep that falls over me is not a result of prescription drugs or utter exhaustion. Rather, it is the deep, comfortable sleep that follows a productive day.

This is a typical scenario from my "normal" life. I shouldn't complain, but this is what I miss right now. I'm forgetting what it's like to "rest" or "relax", and that's what I need most.

1 comment:

johnseb said...

Don't fret, I'm sure those days of normal life and relaxing at your EC house will come again! I hope to see you tomorrow night, I'm so excited. I'm glad your surgery went well. Thank you for your post on my blog, you always find a way to comfort me. Get some rest and lots of smiles. Hope to see you tomorrow!

lots and lots of love,
Andrea