another day
I don't have anything too exciting to report today. I'm having lots of aches and pains since I'm starting to do all my exercises again. I think I'm having some minor withdrawal problems again, too. And I haven't been sleeping well. My tailbone bothers me when I lay on my back, and I only sleep well on my side, but I haven't been able to do that since the accident. Today I was so exhausted after physical therapy, but my attempt at a nap was just depressing. I tried laying halfway on my side, but when I got up, my face hurt pretty bad. My mom saw me about the time I gave up on sleeping, and she freaked out and thought I was sick because I have dark circles under my eyes. No, I just can't sleep because of my stupid tailbone and knee.
I had physical therapy today, and it went pretty well. My knee moves a lot more smoothly since having my surgery. I still have about four degrees to go before I can straighten my leg completely, and that's without any weights or pushing on the top of my knee. I've been working really hard at it. Whenever I'm at home, my leg is on the machine that bends/straightens it. My mom bought me some ankle weights to put on top of my knee and help straighten it.
After physical therapy, I came out into the waiting room and Raji was there. I'd forgotten he had an appointment with the spine doctor today. He told me he'd just seen Brian on the first floor. Apparently the clinic was a popular place today...
I gave Jessie a call last night. It was the first time I'd talked to her since the accident. She asked me all about how everone else is doing. It sounds like she's doing pretty well - she said everything is healing well and she will be allowed to stand up and walk sometime in the next few weeks. She's such an inspiration. I know firsthand a fraction of the pain and struggles she's going through, but she makes it sound like it's no big deal. I asked her if she's going to come back to teach at Chi-Hi again next season, and without a moment's hesitation, she said yes.
Tenley (my brother's girlfriend) had knee surgery today. She tore her ACL a couple weeks ago while skiing in Wyoming, where they live. Dan called tonight to tell us the surgery went fine. Too bad she can't ski for six months :(
Friday = staff meeting! Yay!

2 comments:
Yay, Amy!!!!!
Dear Ami,
I love you :)
Love Allison!
Post a Comment