schoooooool
I'm kind of looking forward to school starting on Monday. But I'm not sure how it will go. I have so many appointments to try and work into my school schedule, it's ridiculous. Luckily I don't think any of my classes will be too difficult, and one of them I'm retaking from last semester. I'm nervous because I still haven't gotten in to a class I need in order to graduate. I emailed the prof and explained the situation and asked if she would let me in as an overload. I CC'd the dean of students on the email. I just sent the email tonight so now I'm waiting for a response. I'm worried about it because I emailed this same professor about this same class last semester and she sent me a crabby response about not allowing overloads. Maybe she'll make an exception for me. This class would fulfill two requirements that I have to meet before graduating, so if I can't get in to the class (which isn't offered over the summer), I'll have to take two classes in its place.
Another reason I'm worried about school starting is that I still get tired so easily. I'll have class from around 9-1 (depending on the day), and if I get into wind symphony, it'll be 9-3. That's a long day for me, especially considering I also have appointments or physical therapy pretty much every day. I guess we'll see how it goes.
I'm looking forward to school starting, but as you can probably tell, I'm also worried about it. I didn't have a very restful winter break, and this is at a time when I need rest more than anything. Now I'm throwing myself back into college life and pretending I can handle a full schedule. It's going to be hard to go from laying in bed all day to going to school all day. I don't have much of a choice, though - I need to go full time in order to stay on my parents' insurance, and this way I don't have to start paying off my student loans yet. I have a feeling it's going to be rough for a few weeks but I'll adjust to it. Luckily it's spring semester and so I'll have spring and Easter breaks, which should give me some time to breathe.
I've said it a million times, but I can't wait until I can move back to my house. I have a hard time relaxing here at my parents' house. A lot of times I just want to be left alone and I don't want to hear dogs barking all the time. I think when I first move back home, I'll probably spend a lot of time sleeping.
Today I stopped in at my work to say hi to my manager. It was really nice to see her. I'm starting to get tired of explaining all my injuries and surgeries and stuff to people though, because it dawns on them how long my recovery has taken/will take, and then they invariably point out how long it'll take. It makes me tired to think about it. I don't mind answering questions, but... I guess that's why I have this blog, because I'm not completely bombarded with questions all the time - a lot of people have been keeping up with what I'm writing, and that's good.
It's my brother's birthday tomorrow. A couple days ago he messed up his knee while skiing. He joined Raji, Tenley (his girlfriend), and me in the gimp club. It doesn't sound too bad though - he sprained it and hurt some meniscus but he won't need surgery and he only has to take a two-week break from skiing.
In physical therapy today I worked on putting more weight onto my right leg and I tried walking with one crutch again. It went slightly better this time, and I was able to lift my left foot off the ground for a split second. Learning how to walk again is pretty much the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Everything that I broke, tore, or dislocated hurts when I put weight on that leg. It would be easier if I had more muscle mass in that leg, so I've been working on that a lot at home, but it takes time. I'm hoping the bottom of my foot gets calloused soon because it feels pretty weird when I walk on it. Hey Ali - I found a good way to get rid of callouses, just don't walk for a few months!
I will end today's post with a quote that has brought me a lot of inspiration lately:
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" - Mary Anne Radmacher

2 comments:
:) i could use some callous removal.
I bought some new stuff from B&Bworks which seems to be working alright...
Ami, Im starting to think the cats are talking back to me when I talk to them. Like mitzie and I communicate. LOL the sooner you are able to come back, the less likely I'll end up in a crazy home. hurry back :)
Ali, you're turning into a cat lady! ;)
Mitzie meows?
Post a Comment