. . . . .

2.28.2006



to whom it may concern



Life has been pretty hectic lately, hence the lack of updates. I'm sure you've all been on the edge of your seats just waiting to hear from me again. ;)

In the past couple weeks I'm finding that I am completely overwhelmed. It's nice to be back in EC and be able to relax in my own bed with the cats at my side, but unfortunately my schedule hasn't allowed me much time to rest. I keep trying to push myself to do more, but the downside is that I wear myself out. I have absolutely no stamina or energy. But it's coming back, very slowly but surely. Before the accident I used to keep myself so busy - now I wonder how I ever did it.

Last week I realized I have too much on my plate. I think everyone already knew that, but I like to prove people wrong. Alas, this time I have to give in, so I'm dropping a class. I hate having to do that. I never give up on anything. I guess I'm also letting go of my attempt to graduate over the summer. I might as well wait for fall of '07 to go to grad school, so in the meantime, why not stay in school and stay on my parents' insurance for another semester? I guess there are a lot of benefits to taking my time. This way I can take orchestration and Baroque counterpoint - both classes will help my chances of getting into a good graduate program. And I don't really know what my surgery schedule will be like, so I might as well plan extra time for surgeries and recovery. I realize this is probably the "smart" thing to do, but it's depressing. I've had senioritis for a while now. I'm ready to move on to bigger things, but now I'm watching my peers go do new, exciting things while I'm stuck here. I really hate having to put off my grad school plans. I want to just be accepted somewhere and know the date I'll start, and then I won't be so stressed about it.

Lately a lot of people have been bugging me about my weight. I'm eating enough, so please leave me alone. :) It shouldn't be a surprise that, after all I've been through, I've lost weight.

Next week I'm going on tour with Wind Symphony. Yay! We're going to the Twin Cities area and we'll be playing at a bunch of high schools over the course of a few days. I love going on tour. Maybe I should have been a performance major - I never get sick of being on stage. Tour will be kind of weird for me because last year one of the schools we played at was Chi-Hi. I was so excited to play at my alma mater, and I remember while we were on stage, G bragged to the students about all of the marching band staff members in the band. It was pretty cool to be back on that stage. I guess I'm also a little worried about tour because the band will be taking buses. Luckily I get to ride in the equipment van with Yakob, but it still might be weird being so close to the buses. I hope seeing them doesn't trigger any memories I've forgotten or anything like that. But I shouldn't worry about it, because I know if I have any problems, there will be plenty of people to talk to. Is anyone else stressed about tour because of the buses?

Anyway, I think that's about all I've got for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm stressed about the buses! I just don't want to think about it the entire ride there and back and everytime we are traveling from one place to another. I just know I won't be able to not think about it(good attitude right?) I remember that last year too. I thought of that recently and remembered it the other night at Chi-hi. All I guess we can do is SIGH like Barb Tumm. Feels like thats all I can do....sigh.
Love you! If you need anything on tour let me know and be good to Yakkers in the van.
Liz

ami said...

I think it will be okay, I'm hoping we'll be too busy to dwell on it... I talked to my therapist about it and she made me feel a little better. She taught me a "trick" to use - if anyone wants to know it, ask me about it sometime. :)

J said...

Have a great time on tour Amy :)

johnseb said...

I talked to my counselor about it today too. I would like to know the "trick". I'm nervous about it, but that's why I have my magic pills.

Atad Calmer said...

Have fun on tour, I think I might catch a performance.