. . . . .

9.19.2006



tired babbling



I went back to class yesterday. I had one class and then went grocery shopping, and then I had enough time to take a quick nap and shower before going to percussion ensemble rehearsal. It doesn't sound like much but I'm really tired today. Today I had one class in the morning, then my mom took me to breakfast, and we went to pick up my prescription for more percocet. It was really annoying - there was some miscommunication between the nurse and me as to where the prescription would be, so it took an hour or so to finally get the pills. Luckily I didn't need them right away. When I got home, I was able to take a long nap, and then showered and went to drumline rehearsal at Chi-Hi. Despite my nap today I'm completely exhausted now. Unfortunately I have to study for a test in my counterpoint class tomorrow.

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. I think I need to take it easy for the next few days. I probably didn't take enough time off from classes. My doctor said I would need up to two weeks off, and I only took six days. I thought it wouldn't be so bad because I'm only doing classes part-time. Oh well, it'll get easier. Right now I'm just worried about my counterpoint test. I think I'll do fine because music theory is my best subject, but I'll be tired and on painkillers and more likely to make stupid mistakes.

I've been feeling better every day, but not so much today. For some reason I was in a lot of pain this morning, but I went to class anyway. I think today was different because until now, I've naturally been waking up early, then I take a painkiller and go back to sleep for a bit. I didn't do that today - I just woke up before class and then took a painkiller, so it didn't have time to take effect before I was up and moving around. It's hard to manage pain once it gets out of control, but I was feeling better a few hours later. It helps that my mom took me to Norske Nook (at Northwoods) for breakfast. Anyway, this sort of pain is nothing like what I was feeling in those few months after the accident, but it's still no fun.

That's it for now. Wish me luck on my test :)

No comments: