if train A leaves the station at 2:00, and train B is traveling at a speed of 40 mph, who cares?
This week started out pretty well, but now I'm just completely exhausted. I've been studying every day for the damn GRE - I'll be so glad when it's over. I started going to the gym again to do light aerobic workouts. I did that three or four times this week. I need to build up my endurance. Also, I've been working on grad school apps (it seems late, but mine aren't due for another month or so). Add that to my regular classes and preparing for a percussion ensemble concert, and that's more than enough to wear me out. Actually, I'm proud of myself - this is the most productive week I've had for as long as I can remember. Oh, I even did some Christmas shopping and decorating.
So I had energy to do a lot of stuff this week, but now it's catching up with me. I just need to get through the GRE tomorrow and then I can come home and sleep. I wish I could just take it easy for the rest of the weekend, but I have a project due and a test early next week. And I need to work on those grad school applications. There are a lot of other things I'd love to be doing, like playing piano or working on arrangements for my joint recital next semester, but I just don't have the energy to take on anything else right now.
I had physical therapy yesterday, and it made me frustrated. I still can't do stairs very well, and my ankle motion still sucks. My therapist taught me some new exercises to do four times a week, so hopefully that will help. Between the gym and physical therapy, I'm working a lot on trying to build strength in my quads and to loosen up my ankle joint.
As if I don't have enough to worry about right now, this weather is really irritating my ankle and knee. Rainy weather sucks because it makes me ache a lot, but bitter cold is worse because it gives me sharp pains that make it hard to walk.
Okay, I'm done complaining. I just needed to vent a little. I know it's just the end-of-the-semester crunch and I'm not the only one feeling a little stressed.

2 comments:
Hey Amy... hope your test went well, don't work too hard! And I hope you and the rest of the E.C. kids are having a good time up there!
~Heather
Good Luck!
Post a Comment