. . . . .

2.21.2007

post #200

I hate this text editor. I changed the text to small, and now I can't change it back to normal.

So this is my 200th post. I wish I had something to say worthy of the occasion, but I don't really.

I saw my physical therapist and athletic trainer today, and they were surprised that my knee is still so swollen. I told them it's been more sore than usual this past week, even though I've been trying to cut back on activity and not be on my feet for long periods of time. I asked them if I could try going without my knee brace sometimes, since I think it might be irritating my knee. To my surprise, they said that might be a good idea. Then they did some kneecap mobilization, which basically means my therapist pushed my kneecap back and forth for a while until I couldn't stand it anymore. It hurt so much - kind of like a sharp nerve pain on the side of my kneecap. I think he singlehandedly found the one most painful spot in my knee. After he stopped, the pain in that spot went away, but it's slowly coming back now. Good thing I have painkillers.

I went to the practice rooms earlier tonight, and it was the first time since ACL surgery that I left the house without a brace on. It was liberating, but it made me realize how incredibly weak my leg is. I have a sort of love-hate relationship with my brace. It hurts my knee/leg when I wear it, but it makes it easier to walk. My knee itself seems to be pretty strong, so I'm not worried about instability, but for some reason my leg gets really tired after walking even short distances without the brace on.

In other news, I've been missing G a lot lately. I'm working on some pretty sweet percussion lit, and I know he'd love it. I miss talking with him about percussion geeky stuff.

Earlier this week I found out that one of my friends from high school (well, more of a friend-of-a-friend) is battling a pretty serious form of cancer. It was really sad to hear, and I guess it puts everything in perspective. I hope everything turns out okay.

Well, I guess that' s about all I have to say for post #200.

2 comments:

johnseb said...

Happy 200th! Great that you got to not wear your knee brace for once. I hope it gets better. Do you think maybe the sudden change in weather is affecting it maybe? Love ya!
tdtfu

ami said...

I'm definitely feeling the weather, but I've been having tendinitis problems for like three months straight. But it already seems to be feeling a little less irritated now that I've been wearing the brace less often. Yay!