. . . . .

3.25.2007

i'll miss you, spring break

Life is busy, but I'm dealing with it. I had a lot of work to do over spring break (not all of which actually got done), but I also had some much-deserved relaxation time.

Now it's back to work: I have to finish up a few papers that are due Tuesday; I'm taking photos at Jazzfest on Friday; Saturday = indoor drumline championships = ridiculously long day. My recital is coming up in a couple of weeks, so I have to finish up an arrangement and schedule a rehearsal for that. I have a group presentation coming up in one of my classes, and my group has been slacking on that... whoops. On top of all that, I have to see 25 more recitals until I'm done with that requirement. That doesn't seem so bad though, since now there are like 10 recitals/week. I'm kind of looking forward to the indoor drumline season being over, since that will free up about 20 hours a week. Right now I'm not too worried about getting everything done. I just have to take things one day at a time.

I went to Seattle over spring break, and it was amazing. It was kind of a weird trip because I'd never been there, and it was basically an introduction to the city that I will most likely spend the next decade or so. Fortunately, I love it. The rain was tolerable, and I enjoyed fresh seafood for almost every meal. The people there seem nice. The campus is gorgeous, and my professors are really cool. I'm a little overwhelmed right now at the thought of moving across the country, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

In other news, my knee has been bothering me more this week than it has in a long time. It was generally okay in Seattle, despite walking all over the city, but now it's incredibly sore. I have been trying to enjoy the nice weather here by going for walks, but I think maybe that's a bad idea. I can't even express how frustrating it is that, nearly a year and a half after the accident, I can't even go for a short walk without being in pain. I used to enjoy being fairly active and it's driving me crazy that I still can't do anything. I'm still pretty much in constant pain, but I can usually ignore it. But lately my knee pain has been so bad that I can't sleep through the night. I have a check-up appointment scheduled with my knee doctor in a couple weeks, but I'm going to see if I can get it moved up.

I don't know if this post makes sense... I blame the painkillers.

Here are some pics from Seattle:


Music building (UW-Seattle)





2 comments:

C said...

Yey Seattle! We will totally be visiting you there! Nice pics

tetonbadger said...

ooh purty!