. . . . .

2.27.2008

quick update

Life has been busy. I just finished with a marathon week, and now I'm finding myself with a bit of breathing room before the end of the quarter. This week was super busy because I was preparing for a presentation I had to do yesterday in my hypermeter seminar. I presented on metrical dissonance in electronic dance music. I was nervous about it because I basically had to present and lead a discussion for two hours, but it went really well - I actually ran out of time before I got to everything I was going to talk about. I also had a percussion ensemble concert yesterday. I only played on one piece, but preparing for the concert took up any remaining free time that I'd had.

Now I just need to write two big papers: one for my history of theory seminar on a Persichetti book, and the other for that hypermeter seminar. I'm still not totally sure what to do for my hypermeter paper. In addition to the papers, I have to do a presentation in a couple of weeks for the history of theory seminar. Tonight, though, I'm taking a much-needed break from anything school-related.

Besides school, not much else is going on. The weather here has been really nice - upper 50s and sunny. I spent lots of time studying in the sun on my balcony over the past week.

My ankle is getting worse. I'm not really sure what's going on, but I need it fixed soon.

I thought I had more to say, but I guess not. Oh well, time for bed. I'm still worn out from yesterday...

No comments: