two posts in four days? what?

Time for a shameless plug: I just finished working on my new website and launched it. Now I feel like I accomplished something over winter break. Check it out: http://www.amybowen.net
I started a new post for the shameless plug, but I suppose I might as well write a little more as long as I'm here. I just started teaching today. I'm teaching first-year sight singing on Tuesdays and dictation on Thursdays. There are two other TAs for the class - they both teach written and aural theory, but I just have a bunch of sections of aural theory.
It's kind of weird to be a TA for a class that I took with a prof when I was an undergrad. UWEC didn't seem to have many TAs, since they don't have many graduate departments. I only encountered TAs in some of the bigger departments (like history). They were usually undergrads also, and they only led study sessions. At UW, the professor teaches one big section of written theory, and then the prof and the TAs all teach smaller sections of written & aural theory. The students have class with the prof once a week and with the TAs all the other days. It's a lot different than what I'm used to, but after three hours of teaching this morning, I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm also losing my voice. Three straight hours of teaching and singing is a little rough on the voice.
I might post again after my knee doc appointment tomorrow. I have free time this week, which is kind of weird, but that will change soon...
P.S. I added a couple new links over there. ----------------------->

3 comments:
I really like your website. Great layout and awesome content!
Thanks! :)
Agreed. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I wish I would have known you well enough to have you do our wedding pics.
Speaking of that sort of thing, when are you going to be back in WI again?
Post a Comment