Don't ask, don't tell
I know I already wrote a really long post today, but I read an article from the Leader Telegram (printed 10/19) that I hadn't seen before and felt compelled to write more. Here's the link: http://www.leadertelegram.com/story.asp?id=61518
If the site won't let you on or you don't feel like reading it, I'll just tell you it's Ryan's account of the accident. I think it's amazing (not in a good way) how the story of the crash varies so much from person to person. There was just so much going on, so many people injured... it was chaos. I'm so thankful that I don't remember what I saw while I was on the bus, and my heart goes out to everyone who does remember. The photos of the bus don't trigger any recognition for me - to me, the image of the crash was the sky as I laid on the cold asphalt. I'm scared to listen to the stories of others because I don't want them to trigger memories I've unknowingly buried. I try to console Raji but at the same time I don't want to hear anything of what he saw. I'm surprised I even made it all the way through the article about Ryan. I hate nighttime now - I can keep my mind in check until I'm asleep. I sleep in fits (partially due to the drugs) and keep the TV on.
This particularly dark post has been brought to you by my drug regimen. I'll be less of a downer next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment