My dogs are barky
I'm pretty bored. Today there was some sort of miscommunication and I got left home alone for a while. Blah, I wish I had more independence.
Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, and if the x-rays look good, my cast is coming off. Then I'll have a walking cast put on (which I'll have for like six weeks) and I can finally put some weight on my foot. I don't feel ready to get my cast off. I think I'm just worried that once I can move my foot again, I'll move something the wrong way and fuck it up. I know that's not really possible if everything's healed correctly, but I'm paranoid anyway. I also don't want to see my leg since I'm guessing it's still swollen and bruised and generally gross. On the bright side, everyone is telling me I'll feel so much better once I get my cast off - maybe my back won't be so screwed up anymore and my toes won't swell up as badly. And it means I can start re-learning how to move and just do normal things again.
Every time I get frustrated because of the pain or because of the limitations my injuries have placed on me, I think about what Jessie, Jessi, Cassie, and Collicott are going through (they all were hurt worse than me). I've mentioned it in a few of my posts already because it's really been bothering me. I'm thankful that we're all going to be okay, but knowing what my own experience has been like, I can't imagine how hard it is for them. It's infuriating when suddenly you can't move or do anything for yourself and all of your plans are thrown out the window. It's even worse when you think about how long it's going to be before everything goes back to normal. Time passes so slowly. Physically I should recover for the most part within the next few months, but it's going to take the others so much longer. I hope they have more patience than me.
I am trying to re-learn how to sleep on my side, an endeavor made difficult by the broken leg bones on one side and the bruises on the opposite side of my face. Hopefully I'll get it figured out soon, because I could use a good night's sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment