Random stuff
Today wasn't too eventful, but that's probably a good thing. Tomorrow I have to go to physical therapy. I like my therapist because he's funny and he's really encouraging. He had surgery on his ACL once and showed me the scar. I can't move my knee much yet, but he keeps telling me that if he could regain flexibility, so can I. He's probably going to have me try the exercise bike tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to do much on it yet since my knee is so stiff. I hope I don't have to go through all this PT again when I get my ACL fixed, but I have a feeling I'll have to. It probably won't be as bad though.. right now my knee has a few things working against it: there are screws in it, my ACL is torn, and my lack of mobility has caused it to stiffen up.
Weekends are the toughest time for me because I think about all the fun things I should be doing. I used to take so much for granted. It's hard to think about how long it'll take before my life is back to normal. I wish I could go out to the bars with my brother and Raji, but watching them drink while we play Gamecube is almost as fun.
My mom tried talking to me a little about next semester but it depresses me too much to even think about right now. I was hoping I'd be able to get around on my own before the semester starts, but it looks like that just isn't going to happen. It all depends on how my MRI looks, but even if it looks fine, it'll be a long time before I can walk normally and longer before I can drive. I really really miss playing music - especially percussion. The problem with being a percussionist is that injuring almost any part of your body will prevent you from being able to play. I'm lucky though that I didn't hurt my arms or hands, with the exception of a banged-up index finger. Every time Dr. Dossin sees me, he inspects my hands to make sure everything looks okay. I should be able to play piano soon! I could probably play now, but I couldn't use any pedal, and that just wouldn't be fun.
I've been sleeping a little better the past few nights. I hope this trend lasts. Oh, and I didn't take any tramadol today!!! I had some withdrawal symptoms, but it wasn't bad enough for me to have to take another pill.
I've written enough for now now, but some other day, I'll have to post a rant about the lack of handicap accessibility at UWEC. Maybe while I'm at it I'll bitch about the Speculator, but I'm not sure they're even worth the time.

No comments:
Post a Comment