Thanksgiving
I wish I could play vibes. That sounds like fun right now. I'm worried that once I can physically play music again, I won't remember how to play anything. I guess that's okay, I'll re-learn it.
News of the day:
- I'm starting to feel a little more flexible and I've been working a lot on the exercises I learned in physical therapy.
- Since getting my cast taken off yesterday, my dad and I have to do a lot of dressing changes on my leg, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. My skin seems to be healing quickly.
- I'm almost done with the painkillers! I'm down to half a pill once or twice a day. It's weird, you'd think that since I'm on such a small dose, I could just stop now and I'd be okay. I tried to stop today, but I started feeling dizzy and my heart was racing. I took a half pill and then felt fine. Withdrawal = strange. Maybe tomorrow I'll be done with the painkillers. I'm taking Tylenol and Advil now for the pain, which isn't nearly as effective as the prescription drugs, but at least I'm feeling more alert now.
I'm a little less worried now about my ankle (see yesterday's post). I just wrote out an explanation and realized it was cumbersome and kind of gross, so I'll spare you. Basically it's unlikely that I'm having the bone problems that we're worried about. I'll just have to wait until I get the MRI, and then hopefully it'll look good and I'll be able to start putting weight on my foot right away. Maybe it's not such a bad thing that I have to wait a couple more weeks before walking. I have a lot of physical therapy appointments in the next couple weeks, and all the exercises I'm doing are to strengthen the muscles that facilitate walking. Hopefully that means I won't fall on my face when I try walking for the first time. I'm eager to get back on my feet because walking will actually help my femur heal. Something about circulation, I don't know.
My family (+ Raji) celebrated Thanksgiving tonight, which was nice. We have a lot to be thankful for.
Oh, by the way: Raji and I are starting a trend. You're only cool if you have a walking cast on your right foot.

No comments:
Post a Comment