. . . . .

11.27.2005



Random updates



I just posted a whole paragraph and then realized it sounded bitchy, so I deleted it. Basically I said I complain too much, but my frustration is part of the recovery process. However, I do consider myself incredibly lucky and I think every day about how much worse things could have been.

I don't even really know what the point of that paragraph was. I'm not very eloquent at 1:30 in the morning.

Hmm, well, what's new... I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I stopped taking prescription painkillers about a week ago. I feel so much more alert, and now I kind of have my appetite back. And my ankle is going to hurt whether I'm on prescription drugs or not, so whatever.

I'm kind of able to sleep on my side again, but only for like an hour at a time, and not very comfortably. My hip is all fucked up from the accident, and it doesn't help that I haven't been able to stretch lately. The good news is that I've been sleeping better for the most part. My sleep schedule is a little screwed up because I usually become exhausted and take a nap partway through the day.

School is kicking my ass.

I miss being around people my own age. I spend most of my time at home with my parents. I don't get many visitors anymore, so the only times I really get to socialize is for a few minutes before or after my classes. I guess I shouldn't worry too much because winter break is coming up quickly.

My incisions are healing!

Physical therapy is hard work. My therapists keep telling me that I have to work hard so that I don't walk with a limp and so I don't have to wear this knee brace thing. I haven't seen the brace, I've only heard horror stories, but it's enough to make me work harder. I'll be starting water therapy pretty soon, which should be a nice change. My parents bought an exercise bike to replace their old one, so I have to use it several times a day now. Yesterday at therapy I was able to pedal backwards on the bike through a full rotation. It fucking hurt. Not enough to make me cry, but pretty close. I had to pedal all the way around a bunch of times for like three minutes. Today at home I didn't try to do a full rotation, which kind of made me feel like a failure, but I needed to take a break. It makes me mad that I can't push myself harder.

Today I was really crabby and needed to get out of the house, so my dad took me to visit my house in EC. It was nice to see Ali and I got to see my cool neighbors for the first time since the accident.

Congrats to Nicole/Mark and Pat/Allison! I know two couples who got engaged today ;)

Now that Thanksgiving break is almost over and everyone is driving back to school, please remember to DRIVE SAFE and always buckle your seatbelt!

No comments: