School is poopy
I actually slept last night! It was great. The withdrawal symptoms are becoming less frequent, and I've been able to stretch the time between doses of my meds. Also, I slept well because Raji kept me up late watching movies and would help me get up and crutch around every now and then so I could tire myself out. I wish Raji were more distanced from everything, so I wouldn't feel guilty when he helps me out.
I'm so behind in school work, it's just ridiculous. I don't even know where to begin, so I don't do anything, and it piles up more. I'm going to have to drop at least one class. That's okay because macroeconomics sucks. This whole situation pisses me off because I'm normally very motivated and responsible, and fairly independent. Now it's been four weeks since I've been to my classes (with the exception of music history last week), but it's not like I could help that. I haven't been doing the required reading because I just can't concentrate on it right now. I have to put off grad school applications and the GRE until next semester. One of my doctors told me that after the head injury I received, it would be normal for me to drop down from being an A level student to being more like a C+ level student for a short time. Let's hope that doesn't happen. What's even more frustrating is that I can hardly do anything for myself. Luckily I'm gaining more independence every day but it's still a big deal whenever I can do anything new. I think about how long it will take for Collicott and Jessie and the others to be completely independent, and it pisses me off more.
Speaking of Jessie, I hear she's out of the hospital now. That means everyone's home! I miss Jessie and Collicott so much. I want to go back to the Friday night before the accident, after the kids were told to go to sleep, when the staff was all hanging out together. It was so funny watching Collicott use the swing in the Special Ed room of the school we stayed at. We had some good conversations that night. That was centuries ago, though..
On a lighter note, tomorrow I'll be going to a couple meetings at school. I don't think I'll be on the fine arts side of the river, so I probably won't really run into anyone. I don't think I'm going to my class tomorrow because my meetings are in the morning and my class is late in the afternoon, so that would make for a long day. Also, my mom has to pick my brother up at the EC airport. Apparently next week in my women's studies class we're supposed to visit Luther Hospital to go to the women's clinic or whatever. I laughed when I saw that on the syllabus... I think I might opt out of that one - I've seen more than enough of that place these days.
Ok, bedtime.

No comments:
Post a Comment