. . . . .

11.14.2005



School is poopy, continued



I'm taking a study break. I'm reading an article for my women's studies class that reflects the differences in middle-class women who are "professionals" versus non-working middle-class women when it comes to pregnancies. The article goes in depth about how "professional" women generally live their lives - they're very goal-oriented and like everything to be structured. That part of the article piqued my interest, because it reminds me of myself. The researcher points out that these women try to achieve control over their destiny, which I was doing too. I'm learning that there are things you just can't prepare for. Today I had to drop six credits, which was definitely not in my general plan when I began this semester. Because I don't have the time or energy right now to do grad school applications, I'm going to have to take at least a semester off after I graduate - another surprise. I'm learning that it might be good to not have a strict plan for everything, because then it's not so hard to pick up the pieces when things don't work out. While I think it's still important to have goals, maybe I should have back-up plans as well. I'll probably feel more tentative about setting personal goals for a while because the accident has shaken me - I had everything all planned out and it all changed in an instant. But maybe not having a strict timeline isn't such a bad thing after all, because I want to keep all my options open.

I feel like I haven't been very good with words lately.

Anyway, my brother is home! Yay. Now I'll be less bored.

No comments: