end of the semester
I have so many things on my mind tonight, but I don't think they would all translate well into words. I'm too tired, and I'm on painkillers, and some things just naturally can't be summed up in words. But I'll give it a shot.
I was supposed to turn in my non-existant music history paper today. Whoops. Looks like I'll probably be taking another incomplete. I rock at school. This semester was such a waste of time and money. I was looking forward to winter break so that I'd have time to relax and focus on my recovery, but now that I have to make up a class and finish up the classes I took incompletes in, I'm probably going to be just as busy as ever.
My exercises are going okay. I'm still working hard, but I feel like I've gotten to the point where I'm not making much progress. I think all the progress from this point is going to be in small increments, and will involve a lot of hard work and pain. I'm trying to get my leg straight so that the doctors and therapists don't have to straighten it for me. I'll do anything if it means not having anyone push on my leg anymore.
Lately a lot of people have been telling me they don't want to complain to me because they think I've got it worse and won't want to hear about their problems. I like hearing about what's going on in everyone else's lives though, even if it involves complaining. It helps me to get my mind off of the things I'm dealing with, and being able to give advice is kind of therapeutic. I'm worried that people don't think they have the right to grieve or be sad because other people "have it worse". Don't feel that way.
I was going to write more but I'm tired and my brain isn't working well. I'll leave you with a link to the Chi-Hi newsletter (PDF format) with a nice letter written by Dr. Sauter: http://chihi.chipfalls.k12.wi.us/includes/content/file.asp?id=148&view=file

No comments:
Post a Comment