my friends are awesome
I'll just write a short post because Raji is over here and we're going to play some gamecube in a few minutes.
Going out to the bars last night was pretty much the most fun thing ever. I think like 52,626 people came out with us. Yay for eating popcorn at the GI! Ryan, Sazama, Raji and I were all together for the first time since the accident. We're usually pretty close, but we've all been too busy lately to get together. We talked a little about the accident. It was lighthearted - we compared scars - but the discussion freaked me out after a few minutes because I suddenly remembered a few post-accident details (though nothing important) that I thought I'd forgotten. The night was also a little sad because Eric is leaving and I won't see him again for a while. I hate growing up. Anyway, it was a great night overall and I was so glad to get out of the house.
Today I had physical therapy, then did some shopping and ate lunch with my parents, and then the Stenners took me to Ikea. Yay! I'd never been there but I've always wanted to go. It was so cool. I bought a bunch of stuff and it wasn't very expensive. The Stenners were pretty much a permanent fixture in my house for several weeks after the accident, but I haven't seen them much lately, so it was good to spend time with them.
Well, I have surgery tomorrow. I don't really know what to expect, but everyone is telling me it will be a piece of cake compared to the other surgeries I've had. It will be less invasive, that's for sure. The doctor told me to bring my crutches, because apparently they want to see how much weight I can bear following the surgery. It's weird to think I'll (hopefully) already be on my feet again after surgery. I'll probably have physical therapy on Friday, so I don't get much time to rest. I have to work on my knee motion ASAP after surgery so my knee doesn't stiffen up. I'm a little stressed about this whole thing because I really hope that I can straighten my leg out soon. This surgery should fix it. But if it doesn't, then what am I supposed to do? I guess I'll figure it out.
Anyway, I'll post again sometime after my surgery.

2 comments:
hey...I just thought I'd let you know I almost had that surgery because the doc thought I had torn cartilage in my knee during my 2nd year of drum corps. Well, I had an MRI and turned out that my knee was just really inflamed because I had completely worn away my entire miniscus and I also had a small cyst in my knee. I didn't do the surgery and it stills gets sore sometimes after long rehearsal days but it's not too bad. I'm sure you're a lot tougher than me, too! Yeah, man! Glad to hear you had a good night out. Talk to ya later!
Hope your surgery went well ... I wish I coulda gone out with you! You still planning on attending the meeting next week??
Post a Comment