blah
Today I had an appointment with the knee doctor. He took the stitches out and told me he's disappointed because he thought I'd have more motion in my knee by now. He harped on me for a while and told me I really need to work hard. What the fuck does he think I do all day? Anyway, he wants me back on the narcotics so that I can push myself harder. He also wants me to start going to physical therapy three times a week instead of two. When my ankle incision FINALLY closes up (yeah, it's been over two months now), I'll be going to water therapy also.
After talking to the knee doc today, I found out I might have two more surgeries in my future. My ACL has to be fixed, but some hardware needs to come out of my leg first. It could all just be done in one surgery but it depends on how well everything else heals. I'm beginning to hate visits to my doctors because it puts into perspective how long it's going to be before I can have my "normal" life back. My worker's comp nurse told me she thinks it'll be a year before I'm physically back to normal.
I'm not graduating in May. I don't know when I'm going to graduate, and if you ask me anything about school, I'll probably hit you with a crutch. I have senioritis and I want to graduate and move on with my life, like everyone else my age is doing. As far as the upcoming semester goes, all I know is that I have to go to school full-time for insurance purposes. If I've learned anything from last semester it's that insurance is a good thing. This semester I'll have to juggle classes and appointments, and I need to keep using the stupid leg machine like six hours a day for the next 4-6 weeks.
Anyway, this weekend should be a nice break for me. It's Raji's birthday tomorrow. Yay, I get to leave the house!

No comments:
Post a Comment