oh, ankle.
I haven't written for a few days, so I have stuff to write about now. But I'm too tired to spend a lot of time on this, so I'll keep it short.
Saturday I spent the whole day resting. I was really tired from a busy week, and my ankle was bothering me, so I mostly stayed in bed (except when I was exercising).
Sunday was more of the same, and then Raji and I went to visit Jessie. She just moved back to EC on Friday. It was so great to finally see her! I can't believe she's already home. She showed us x-rays and photos of her pelvis and ribs. It's amazing that she lived through the accident. She's such an inspiration to me. She continually pushes her limits and is recovering very quickly. I know she's still in a lot of pain, but I think being back in EC will be good for her morale.
Today I was supposed to go to three classes, but I woke up early this morning and was in a lot of pain. I thought my ankle was infected, so I took lots of painkillers and stayed in bed all day except to go to the doctor. It hurt even just to get up and move around the house. Luckily it doesn't seem to be infected, but my doctor is getting so frustrated with my skin. Apparently I just heal weird. He said he's never seen anything like it. He called one of the other doctors over to look at it, because apparently I am a medical oddity. I don't really understand what is weird about it - all I know is that it used to be this neat little incision and now it's a blob of icky, oozy stuff. My doctor gave me a prescription for antibiotics (just in case) and said he wants me to see him weekly until it heals up. I'm getting so sick of my ankle. It's been oozing/bleeding since my first ankle surgery on November 1st. Now that my doctor fixed it up, it should heal, but it's just going to take a long time. So what if it still doesn't heal? My doctor said that, in the worst-case scenario, my body might be reacting to the metal in my body, and it would have to be taken out. I really hope that isn't the case, because that would be yet another surgery to recover from, and that metal was going to just stay there for life. If my ankle has to be cut open again, my doctor said I would likely need plastic surgery on it. I don't understand exactly, but I think I would need a skin graft because I don't really have any more extra skin to play with around my ankle.
Anyway, I should go to bed. I really hope that my ankle feels better tomorrow, because I don't want to miss my classes. So far this semester I have missed as many classes as I've attended. Some people are like that anyway, but I'm one of those people who normally doesn't skip very often. :)
Goodnight.

1 comment:
Oooo, hope your ankle starts to get it's act together soon! I'm sure that's frustration at it's best. AWESOME that you got to go see Jessie. I'm jealous--I can't wait to see her.
Again--I'm proud of you and keep pushing! We should get together one of these nights...
Post a Comment