we made it
In one of Tara's recent blog entries, she described a time during which she felt time stood still. Tonight I had that feeling all night.
We celebrated Todd's 30th birthday at a local bar tonight. Almost all the staff was there, and it was the first time since the accident that we were together. We saw everyone at the staff meeting a month ago, but that was different because it was a "professional" setting, and Jessie wasn't there with us. All eight of us who somehow survived the accident were together again tonight.
I feel such a strong bond now with all the staff members, whether they were on the bus or not. I sat with Brian and Jessie most of the night. It was awesome to see them both relax and have fun. I know they're still in pain, as am I, but physically we've all gotten past the most painful time in the healing process. We made it.
Sazama drove Ryan, Raji and I home tonight. After we pulled in my driveway, we had the kind of talk that has been brewing since mid-October. I can't even describe how good it felt to share happy memories and talk about what we've been through. As we sat there in the car, holding hands, I knew that was the type of moment when time stands still.

3 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good night. I wish I could've been there, but me=so sick. You really deserve some happiness after all you've been through, and it's so great to hear that you are doing so well. It'll only keep getting better.
I read this at the wrong time...I'm emotional because I was at Petco and saw a book on hedgehogs and it reminded me of my hedgehog I used to have that died...not that this compares im just saying dammit I should NOT read your blog when I am already emotional...I'm a dork :) I enjoyed seeing you and everyone else last night, I can't wait to get closer with the staff and for next fall. Love you babe,
Liz
I'm so glad you were able to have this experience. Those moments when time stands still...those are the ones that live in your heart forever. They are the ones in which you will find comfort and solace in years to come.
I'm sorry I've been so absent lately, but I have not forgotten about you and want you to know you are still in my daily thoughts.
I will write soon...once I can catch up with this schoolwork:)
Sending lots of love and hugs,
TD
Post a Comment