. . . . .

3.06.2006



parking problems, cont'd



I am making a note of this mostly just for my records: I skipped my 10:00 class today because I couldn't find a parking spot. This is the third or fourth time I've missed this class for that reason. I drove around the HHH lots from 9:43 - 10:08 and none of the handicap spots opened up.

My options were to park at a 20-minute meter and face up to $20 in tickets (and be late to class), park in a GF spot at the far end of the main lot (and be late to class), or skip. Since the lot was slippery and my ankle is feeling sore and unstable today, I opted to skip. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to resort to that (hence the 25 mins of driving around) because I'm going to miss Wednesday and Friday when I'm on tour. I am so sick of this. Under normal circumstances, I don't skip class. What a fucking waste of my tuition money. I feel like the education I'm paying for isn't available to me because I'm handicapped.

3 comments:

Becky said...

GAH! Honestly, that is so ridiculous!

Thanks for a good time this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are reporting this to the office of disabilities on campus. And if I were you I'd go to student organizations too. Get the word out and make a big stink about it. You have enough to deal with, you don't need to worry about parking too.

Atad Calmer said...

If you need someone to go in with the cover of darkness to mess with the parking office, let me know... :)

I'm always willing to help screw with the university.