snow day
Today it snowed. A lot. Last night it rained/hailed/whatevered and we had a thunderstorm, and then it turned into pretty heavy snow. I normally like snow but this year I'm getting sick of it. I didn't go to any of my classes today because the roads were really bad. All the area schools were closed (except the university), and the roads in many nearby counties were closed. I was about to go to class anyway because I already missed classes last week due to parking issues and tour. As I've said before, I don't normally miss class. I didn't really have a choice today though. Not only do I have to worry about the driving conditions, but if I were to slip and fall, it would be really bad. I don't think it was too big of a deal though... I can't imagine many people went to class today. I am so sick of winter! This weather makes my whole leg ache.
This afternoon my dad came to pick me up in his big safe truck and took me to my doctor appointment. We didn't really come to a decision about whether or not I should have surgery on my ankle next week. I think I want the metal out, since it's constantly bothering me. I think it's the main reason why I have a limp - it hurts, so I don't let my ankle go through the full range of motion when I walk. So I think eventually I'll have the surgery, but right now I'm fostering a nasty cold and that has to go away before I can have anesthesia.
After I got home from the doctor, Ali came outside to tell us her car was stuck in the mud/snow next to the driveway. Ali, Gina, and my dad tried to get the car out, but to no avail. My dad suggested Ali and I round up our guy friends, and he went home. I called Geoff (who's back in town) and Sean, and they came right over. Sean brought his roommate Pheng, too. They shoveled and pushed the car out while I debated whether or not I had time to grab my camera. I didn't have time, which was too bad because the pictures would have been pretty funny. I did make myself useful by finding the hot chocolate mix, though.

1 comment:
Ok, I know that the evil powers that be NEVER cancel classes, but c'mon.... half of Eau Claire couldn't leave their damn driveways. I was a little aggravated by that... am I the only one?? Ack. Boo to winter.
Post a Comment