. . . . .

4.30.2006



school: stopit



Well, we're almost to the end of the semester - just a couple weeks left. I only have two finals, but I also have to finish up my incompletes from last semester. I was really stressed by that fact, but now I think I'll be okay. I have to finish my research paper for my independent study, and then tweak it a little bit to make it my music history paper. I have 11 pages written and I'm almost done. Within the past week I have written two papers for my women's studies class, and I have one short research paper left to do, which should be easy because I've already done the research. I'll be so glad when it's over. I think the best part will be that nobody can nag me about it anymore. People seem to have a hard time understanding how difficult it is for me to deal with school right now. If I'm not at some appointment or in class, I'm sleeping. If I'm actually awake and have free time, I usually have too much on my mind to do anything worthwhile (so I do things like writing in my blog).

At least I've been too busy to think much about the fact that I should be graduating in a few weeks. Right now I should be getting ready to move somewhere and go to grad school. Last week someone asked me if I'm all ready to graduate. Apparently she missed the memo that I'm going to be around an extra semester. It sort of hit me then because I hadn't been thinking about it much. If things had only happened a little differently back in October, my biggest worry right now (besides my grandma) would be graduating and all the stuff that entails. Oh well, I guess it's not like I have nothing to look forward to. I'm excited to move into our new place, and I have some neat classes scheduled for next semester.

The past few days have been rough on me. I have a total lack of energy, to the point where it's hard to get out of bed. Also, I've been incredibly achy and stiff. I don't know if it's the weather or what. I've been trying to exercise more but nothing seems to help. It's really hard to walk. Well, harder than usual anyway.

I could go on with complaints but I'll stop there. In lighter news, Raji and I went to a thrift store over the weekend to find him a dresser. We didn't find him a dresser, but we did find me a sweet Kodak camera bag from the 80s. It's bright yellow and says "Kodak Disc Film" on it. It's funny because Kodak hasn't made disc film in like 15 years. Then we had an amazing find: an original 1916 Edison cabinet phonograph. It is in pretty bad shape but it works. It was marked down to $150 but was on sale that day for 50% off, so we bought it. We plan on restoring it (with the help of Stenner) and maybe re-selling it, and I think it will look awesome when we're done. I'll upload some photos once we get around to taking some, but it's not much to look at yet. Anyway, now we have a fun summer project - something else to look forward to.

No comments: