why hello blogspot
I'm so glad this week is pretty much over! I had a lot going on - still recovering from surgery, V-ball, had to do lots of work on my independent study paper, and then I accompanied Kyle G. during the percussion recital yesterday. I was so exhausted for a few days after the ball but I didn't have much time to sleep since I was so busy doing homework and practicing. Anyway, it's good to have the ball and the recital overwith, so now I can concentrate on finishing up my school work.
On Monday I went to Chippewa to watch some 8th graders audition for next school year's marching band. There are some really talented kids coming up, so the auditions went well. It was weird not having G there. I don't think I'll ever get used to him not being around for marching band stuff. After the auditions, Brian talked with Todd and me about inventory - what we have, what needs to be replaced, etc. G used to take care of all that stuff, and kept inventory in his head, so we've been kind of struggling to figure out what we need to order for this season. I think Brian has it all figured out now though.
This season is going to be crazy. We'll have over 200 band members!! We're usually closer to... what... like 180? It will be a very difficult season but it will be rewarding at the same time. Everyone will be so focused and dedicated. Also, we have some new staff members, so that should be fun :)
I think Chi-Hi will be getting a new marimba & vibraphone before the season starts. We just got a new xylo, too. Yay, new things! Brian might sell me one of their vibraphones if he decides to buy a new one. I'm really excited about that. The one I would buy belonged to G before he donated it to the school, and it's the instrument I played for my sophomore year in marching band, so obviously it has sentimental value to me. And I've always wanted vibes - they sound so beautiful.
Brian and I went out for a beer after the auditions and talked about all sorts of stuff. I worry about him. The rest of us are able to find people to talk to whenever we're having a rough time. We're surrounded by people who were affected by the accident. I don't know if Brian really has that. Also, he's only able to work like six hours a week, and I know that must be tough. It was so depressing for me to be sitting in bed at my parents' house for months while everyone else was in school and working and doing normal things like that. Everyone would always joke with me and say it must be nice to have so much time off, but I hated it. Anyway, I want to try and hang out with Brian more.
An update on my grandma: She has lung cancer, which I don't think was a big surprise to any of us. Luckily it's non-small cell cancer, whatever that means, but Eric the med student says that's good. She will begin chemo/radiation soon. I'll be going to Illinois to visit her hopefully within the next few weeks.
In random news, today I had an appointment with an infection specialist. I guess an infection or two showed up in some cultures taken during my surgery, so my ankle doctor put me on antibiotics and sent me to this specialist. My ankle doc thinks the infection might have been a lab contaminant, but he wanted to be cautious. Anyway, I guess my ankle looked pretty icky when they opened it up, so maybe I do have an infection. That would probably explain why it hasn't been healing very well. I have to take antibiotics for like another four weeks, which sucks because they make me kind of dizzy/tired. Oh well, I guess that's better than having an infection.

3 comments:
At least being busy you don't have too much time to think about things. :)
mine say right on them, "may cause dizziness". and i've been pretty dizzy.
P.S. they're bacterial antibiotics, you're probably thinking of viral. bacterial don't have to be taken with food or anything.
Post a Comment