. . . . .

4.16.2006



six months later



As you probably know, today marks six months since the accident. I could probably write forever on this topic, and on how my life has changed, but I am only staying awake long enough for the painkillers to kick in. This will probably be a post of random thoughts since I'm tired and on drugs.

Six months. It seems like it's been forever, doesn't it? But as I said in my last post, it doesn't feel like the accident was something that happened six months ago - it's something that continues to affect me in every aspect of my life. At least things are starting to get back to normal I guess. I just can't believe I still have two surgeries to go. I have come so far, though. I overcame a lot, and I am proud of myself for being strong. This has been the most difficult period of my life, and I probably (hopefully) will never have to go through anything like this again.

When you're getting ready to graduate from college, six months is an eternity. You know what I should be doing with my life right now? I should be getting ready to graduate in May, and I should be all set to move somewhere and go to grad school in the fall. I'm angry that my plans had to be postponed, but I know I'm lucky because those opportunities are still in my future.

I sort of lost my train of thought, but here is what's important: you never know when something bad is going to happen. That's such a cliche and I really can't think of a better way to put it into words, but I know you all understand. Today everyone probably thought back to that moment, six months ago, when they found out what happened. I remembered what it was like waking up on that dark bus in the middle of nowhere and just knowing that everything was different. I've learned many tough lessons in the past six months, and the most important is that life is completely unpredictable. It's pointless to have regrets, or to go through life not letting people know how much you appreciate them. So I know this is sappy, but thank you all for being there for me.

3 comments:

Andrei S said...

Preach on!! :-) I hope you're recovering from your surgery well and that you're enjoying the nice weather.

xbisd!!!!

tetonbadger said...

I am happy Alli is there too, to help thanks Alli!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say for the record that I am not a "poop".

:P