five surgeries down, two to go
I have the BEST roommate in the world! Yesterday when I came home from surgery, I saw a huge rabbit balloon in my room, a vase of flowers, and my favorite flavor of Jelly Bellys. Ali also made me a card and bought my favorite kind of pie. Yesterday she missed her night class so she could stay home and take care of me. I'm lucky to have such a caring roommate! She's been so helpful through all of this - I don't know what I'd do without her. I'm so glad that I can recover from surgery at my house now instead of at my parents' house. It's much more relaxing here, and it's easier for people to come visit me. Raji has been over a lot to take care of me, and that's cool because he had a hard time visiting me after the other surgeries since I was a half hour away and his work schedule is so weird.
As I said yesterday, surgery went fine. I'm still feeling okay but maybe a little more sore. In my experience with ankle surgeries, it's going to feel just fine for a few days and then will probably hurt like a bitch, so I'm bracing myself and using my painkillers sparingly until then. Hopefully it will be okay though now that the metal is out.
My doctor talked to me a little after the surgery yesterday (and I actually remember the conversation this time). He said that the whole rod will have to come out of my femur in a separate surgery before my ACL can be reconstructed. That's not the news I was hoping to hear, but I guess I'm not surprised. It would suck if they went in to fix the ACL and realized they didn't have enough room with the rod in there. So, it's coming out. It's up to me when I get it out, so I'm guessing I'll have it done the second or third week in June, once I'm settled in my new place. Hopefully I can get the ACL fixed soon after that.
I was interviewed by the Leader-Telegram today - apparently they are checking up on a bunch of the people who were hurt in the accident, as this weekend will mark six months since then. The reporter asked me like 308,629 times if I realized that 6-month mark is coming up. Yes, thanks. He asked me what I thought about how much time has passed or whatever. I don't know if he was expecting me to say "wow, that was a long time ago!" or something, but it's weird to think of it as something that happened once six months ago since it's still affecting everything I do every day. I told him that if someone would have told me back then that I'd still be dealing with surgeries six months later (and then more over the summer), I'd have never believed them. Anyway, it's good they got a hold of me this time, since they didn't try very hard last time. I'm glad the LT and the Herald are still following up on us, unlike those hacks at the Speculator who are always too busy writing about themselves.
Anyway, I hope this post made sense. I'm pretty out of it right now. It's definitely naptime.

1 comment:
Hope your felling better!
Post a Comment