vent
Okay... I knew I shouldn't have expected to do very well in school this past semester, but I've always tried to get good grades, and it's hard for me to watch that go down the drain. Especially since I WOULD be doing well if it hadn't been for the accident. Prior to October I was working hard to get myself ready for grad school, and now it's frustrating beyond words that I've had to shift my focus. I guess I shouldn't be so upset because it's not like I did horribly in all my classes, but my grades are worse (by far) than what I would normally achieve. These past seven months have required more determination and strength than I ever knew I had, and I've never worked so hard at school as I did this past semester. I wish my grades reflected that.
I was so proud of myself for finishing all my school work for the past year, and then I got an email from one of my profs from last semester. I just finished up all my outstanding papers from that class, and she sent me an email picking apart everything I've turned in. I can take constructive criticism (I mean, come on, I studied piano under Dossin) but it was more critical than constructive, especially considering the circumstances under which I wrote those papers. Then I saw my grades for a couple of the classes I took this semester, and let's just say I don't normally see those grade letters on my transcript. At least I passed.
Whatever. I'm tired and I wish I could just close this chapter of my life already.

2 comments:
You just need a break. My grades in December were not what I wanted them to be. Winter break helped me a lot, and I had a better semester. You didn't have a break.
In the fall, you'll be much farther along physically, and you'll have had a chance to academically take a breather. It will make a big difference. I suspect you'll have a blast in the fall.
Thanks Erik :) I talked to my parents about it and I feel a little better now. I should have expected my grades to suffer - I guess that's just one of the many things that sucks about this whole situation.
Post a Comment