how raji and i spent our friday night
Well, I ended up going to the ER last night. I kept feeling more and more sick, to the point where I could barely stand up. I got really pale and cold. Raji took me in to the ER, where I was given some anti-nausea medicine. Unfortunately it took them so long to go through my records and everything, by the time I got the medicine down I puked it back up. I felt a little better after that. Then after an eternity, the nurse gave me another anti-nausea pill. She also gave me a prescription to pick up, and then sent us on our way. Raji (best boyfriend ever) took me home to sleep and then went to Walgreens to pick up my prescription, along with some powerade and crackers. He got back over here and I woke up long enough to take an anti-nausea pill and some painkillers. Then I went to sleep (sometime around midnight) and just woke up at 1pm.
I guess the problem was that the painkillers my doctor gave me aren't supposed to be taken together, since they're basically the same thing. When I got those prescriptions before my surgery, I asked my doctor if it was okay to take them at the same time, and he said yes. I probably misunderstood him - it's really confusing. One of the painkillers is a long-lasting version of the other painkiller. I think maybe I was just supposed to take the shorter-lasting ones as needed if I was really in a lot of pain, as opposed to taking it regularly, like I was. I don't think I'm going to take the long-lasting ones anymore, and just use the other ones regularly. So basically I ended up taking too many painkillers because I was confused and I was in a lot of pain. It sucked because the last thing I wanted to do after I got home from the hospital was take another painkiller since I was so sick, but I was in a lot of pain. I ended up waiting until Raji showed up with my anti-nausea medicine and then took painkillers.
Okay this post is long and probably confusing, but that's what happens when I'm sick and in pain and on drugs.

4 comments:
I actually know how you feel (sort of) after similar experiences!
Sorry to hear you did not have a good night. Call when you want a visitor!
that was me, theresa.
Nope, I totally understood the whole thing. Your doc is a little stupid and prescribed you the same painkiller in two different prescriptions. Wha?
I hope that you are feeling better.
Doctors are stupid...
hope things are better!
Post a Comment