summer
Well, I guess it's been a while since I've done a substantive update. This have been going pretty well here, but I'm sick of not having any energy. I usually have enough energy to work out and then I'm tired for the rest of the day. Today I was able to walk around the mall a little bit, so I guess it's getting better. Maybe tomorrow I'll try going for a walk on the bike trail. I wish I could enjoy my summer by doing something other than sitting around.
I've been pretty sore, but that's been getting a little better too. Sometimes when I sit down or stand up I get really bad pain below my kneecap - that must be where the rod went through when they took it out. It hurt a lot after surgery but now it only bothers me sometimes. My femur aches sometimes too, more than it did before surgery. It will take a while before the bone fills in and becomes strong again.
The drumline rehearsal (a couple weeks ago) went fairly well. The next rehearsal is on Thursday. I realized that I'll have to write most or all of the show music for my section. That came as a surprise to me, but I think it will turn out okay. I'm feeling a little stressed though because of that lack of energy I mentioned earlier, and because I still have another surgery coming up soon. I usually write music out by hand and it takes me forever. I'd use Finale (notation software), but I don't know the program very well so I'd probably end up frustrated and wasting more valuable time.
Speaking of computers, my hard drive is going to die. It's annoying. I can use my computer for 20 minutes or so and then it locks up and the hard drive starts clicking. When I restart, sometimes my computer can't find the hard drive. I'll have to give Dell a call when I have patience. Luckily I've had a chance to back up all my important stuff. Good thing I'm not using Finale to write those parts...
In sad news, today I learned that Joe G., a vocal major here at UWEC, passed away. He had muscular dystrophy and was wheelchair-bound, and had heart complications as a result of his MD. I didn't know Joe very well but he was always such an inspiration to me, especially during those months I spent in a wheelchair. It seemed like he never let his disability hold him back. He was very intelligent and talented, and I'll miss seeing him around the Fine Arts building.

2 comments:
Did you get my email about helping out with the pit parts? Let me know when/if you want to get together. I might be able to put some stuff into Finale, too - I don't know about you, but my manuscript is horrible. I think I'll be there Thursday so we can chat then, if you want.
I didn't get the email - did you send it to my gmail account? I forgot the password for that one. :( I usually use my uwec account. See you Thursday!
Post a Comment