bum knee
Today I was at the gym, using the leg press (as recommended by my athletic trainer), and my knee started feeling weird. I rested for a bit, then tried it again, and then I got sharp pains in my knee and it locked. I was able to get the platform back on the dock thing, but it took a few seconds before I could bend my knee again. That's the first time anything like that has happened. I should probably try to get a hold of my knee doc tomorrow to let him know about it.
I'm thinking I should get back into physical therapy, too. My doctor told me I don't need PT anymore as long as I can do everything on my own. But lately my workouts have been frustrating. I'm so weak, and I'm beginning to realize how long it's going to take to make a full recovery (not to mention the giant set-back I'm going to experience after ACL reconstruction). It might be nice to see my athletic trainer again so he can help me stay positive... and so I can have someone supervise me while trying the leg press again.
It seems like it's just been a bad week for my knee. It's been bothering me because I was on my feet a lot last week, and then I went on a few short bike rides, which made it hurt more. But "no pain, no gain", right? (As long as it doesn't involve my knee locking, anyway.)
I feel like I'm in kind of a funk lately. Maybe it's because another marching season is underway, I don't know. It seems like everyone else who was on that bus feels the same way. Or maybe not, I don't know, that's just what I sensed.
Enjoy the last bit of summer, everyone... :(

2 comments:
I think that maybe it's just because you're getting closer and closer to one year and it's kind of like "oh my god, it's been a year" and "this was the longest year ever" all rolled into one. That's my take anyway.
I used to love October. Fall, back to school, friends to hang out with, birthday, Halloween....
Now...meh. I can take it or leave it. However, it is extremely confusing to hate and love a month all at the same time.
Well, until later!
love you!
I agree - October is usually my favorite month (marching band, my birthday, & Halloween). Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy it this year, despite memories from last October.
Post a Comment