. . . . .

9.21.2006



it's heavy on my mind



Today Raji and I met with one of the professors in the music department, since we're going to be doing a project for him. We ended up talking about the accident for half an hour or so. As it turns out, this professor was coming home from a gig that night and happened to be right behind our bus. He was on the scene shortly after some of the emergency responders showed up, and he was wandering around looking for a way to help. He saw me, but I don't think he reconized me at the time. I could go on and on talking about what he saw, but this blog probably isn't the place for it. It's amazing how long you can put something out of your mind, and then with one short conversation, it all comes rushing back.

Along those same lines, in just over a week I will have to get on a bus again as I go with the band to their first competition. It's something I haven't thought about much, but I can tell you I'm not looking forward to it and it's going to be an extremely difficult day for me.

Anyway, school = same old. I missed my percussion lesson yesterday because if I was really sore. I don't even know what I'm going to do in lessons this semester. I was working on a really cool marimba piece, but it involves a lot of moving around, so it'll probably be a few weeks before I can work on it again.

My knee has been really sore/achy all week. I think it's because I've been getting out and doing things. The weather doesn't help, either. My athletic trainer told me my knee is starting to absorb the bruising in my knee, so I feel it more now, or something like that. Speaking of my athletic trainer, he measured my extension at two degrees (so that means I'm two degrees from having my leg straight). That's two more degrees since last week. Cool.

1 comment:

Ryan and Max's Mama said...

I know who you talked to, because we sat in the lobby and told him what he had witnessed mere hours previous...but, I won't reveal here. But, he became more human in that moment for me. Not that he wasn't before, but there's that student/teacher line with some people.

I remember when I used to love the fact that October was coming, and now I don't know what you think. I can't imagine what it's like for you.

Stay strong and take care, because I still heart you!

MONBXR!