. . . . .

11.13.2006



when you've got to feel it in your bones



Here is some stuff that has been happening lately:

One of my close friends has been having some medical problems. It's especially stressful for her because the doctors aren't sure exactly what it is yet. I understand some of what she's going through because I went through some of it too (spending some time in the hospital, staying with the parents, having to drop classes, etc.), but it's hard seeing her so stressed out. I wish they would just figure out what it is so she can get treatment. Sorry for being so vague - if you're reading this, you probably don't know her anyway.

In lighter news, I have been in contact with one of my profs from last semester concerning an incorrect grade. In college, rarely can you say that a bad grade was your prof's fault, but in this case, my prof lost part of one of my tests and then turned in a grade that didn't count that lost answer. I am happy to report that my prof finally found the essay and changed my grade. It went up by almost TWO letters! That makes my life a little easier. I kind of blew off that class because something had to give last semester, but I knew I did better than the grade I got in the class.

I spent some time this weekend working with the Chippewa Valley Brigade, which is a new drum corps in the area. It was good experience for me, but it completely wore me out. I still have a complete lack of energy. The kids were cool though, and I have a new respect for the work that has gone into the corps. I just wish some more people would join... *hinthint*, maybe we could get some Chi-Hi kids interested......

What else... Oh, I was almost over this stupid cold, and then I got sick all over again. I think I just don't have the energy to fight it off. My mom is bugging me to go to the doctor, so maybe I'll do that tomorrow. I'm trying to get back into my physical therapy routine at home but it's hard because I don't have any energy. I spend most of my time being completely exhausted. I swear I never knew the meaning of the word "exhausted" until the stupid accident.

Speaking of physical therapy, I've been trying to use the stairs more often, and I think I've been making small gains. It will be a while before I can go up and down the stairs without people noticing that I'm struggling. It's hard because my leg is so weak that I'm using other muscles to compensate. I think I pulled a muscle in my back (under my ribs) from going up and down stairs. I never knew stairs could be such a challenge.

It snowed last week, and while it was pretty, it made me wish I were somewhere warm. I was so sore that I could barely walk, and whenever I was in a building, I was worried I'd slip on the wet floors. Plus, the snow was past ankle-deep, which sucks when you have a bad ankle. Winter has barely even started and I'm already sick of it. The weather makes my aches and pains even worse. The worst aches are the ones I know I can't do anything about. When my foot and ankle are bothering me, usually I can elevate it and rest for a while and it feels a little better. When I exercise or ice my knee, some parts of it feel a little better. But there are some aches - like the outside of my knee, or the spot where my femur broke - that can't really be helped. The outside of my knee has been bothering me all weekend, and it sucks knowing that I can't just go to the doctor and have him do something to make it all better. I'm still in constant pain - if it's not one thing, it's another.

New game: song lyrics for titles. You get a cookie if you guess the song.

3 comments:

Pat said...

I don't know this one, but the previous post was "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead.

Becky said...

I hate that you're still in pain! NOOO! Let me know if I can do anything for ya...anytime! How was the staff din-din the other night? Wish I could have gone...Good luck with Brigade. We've got quite a few kids from Chippewa Falls coming down to Cap Sound this year, which may be good for us and bad for you...I don't really care though! Ha, sorry. I've worked my butt off the recruit and this is my last year to march. I want those kids to get a great experience and see what Cap Sound's about. Good luck with everything though! I hear they're fielding a show this year? How's that coming? How many do you have so far for members? Is this comment too long?

ami said...

Pat - you got it. This one is a Radiohead lyric too.

Becky - I'm just kind of helping out with the Brigade when I have time - I don't know if I'm really that involved yet. I think they have like 16 members so far, and they're hoping to go competitive this season.