it's been a long year.
I just looked through some of my posts from the beginning of the year, and I was going to post some snippets about the milestones I reached throughout 2006. However, once I started pouring over some of the old entries, I realized just how much I've gone through in the past year. It would take me forever to read through all my old posts. Just to sum up some of the other things that have happened this year: I had five surgeries in 2006, and after each one, I had to work hard to regain my strength. in January I ditched the wheelchair and the walking cast. I went back to school part-time. In February I was able to start driving again, and then moved back to my house in EC. During the spring time, I basically re-learned how to walk. In May, I finished my spring semester classes and also finished up all my incompletes from the previous semester. Speaking of school, I had to push back my intended graduation date three times (to summer 2006, fall 2006, spring 2007). This summer I went back to work with the marching band, and in October I rode buses to all the competitions. I'm continuing to work hard and reach milestones, although now they're not as frequent and maybe aren't as big of a deal.
I feel like I've hit a plateau in my physical recovery, and it's so frustrating. I am ending this year a lot stronger than I started it, but I'm still so weak and I still hurt all the time. I still can't do so many of the things I used to love doing. I can't even carry my own damn laundry to the laundromat across the street. If you had told me last January that I'd be at this point now, I probably wouldn't have believed you. A year seems like such a long time, and we tend to hope that time will heal all wounds. I guess part of growing up is learning that isn't always true.

2 comments:
Dearest Amy-
Looks like its time to give up on him for me....It hurts but what the fuck? Something would have happened by now. I'm just not good enough.
becky
You are totally good enough. Want me to kick him in the shin?
Post a Comment