let's go away for a while
Raji had surgery yesterday to fix his nose/sinuses. He'd been having problems since he broke his nose in the accident. During surgery, his doc straightened his septum, and did some other stuff to reduce swelling or scar tissue or something. Raji's brother and I took him to the hospital (before six yesterday morning........) and sat around with him while he waited to go into the OR, and then we waited through his surgery and took him home. It was weird (but really nice!) not being the one in the OR this time. I feel bad for my parents for having to wait through all my surgeries. Anyway, the surgery went fine. He seems to be doing pretty well, all things considered. Right now I'm just killing some time before I go find some lunch for him.
After I wrote my last post (about a friend making a hurtful remark), I was told about someone else who made a sarcastic comment directed toward me. I don't understand where people get off giving me a hard time about my schedule and what I'm up to these days. Evidently the people who are making these remarks believe that I'm not very busy, and I should be busier, or something. I don't get it.
First of all, I'm recovering from a lot of stuff. My last surgery was less than three months ago, and it's not like it was just one surgery. It was the last in a series of seven surgeries. And it was a pretty major surgery. I'm still feeling fatigued, and I'm in a lot of pain lately. If people want to compare their schedules to mine, they should compare their health to mine, also.
Secondly, believe it or not, I'm pretty busy these days. Sure, I'm only taking seven credits, but that's four upper-level classes. Just like everyone else, I have projects and tests to do in these last weeks of the semester. I may not have as much school work as everyone else, but it's something. In addition to school, I performed in a concert earlier this week and took the GRE last weekend, and those things required practicing and studying, respectively. Also, I'm working with Menomonie's winter drumline, doing grad school prep stuff, trying to exercise daily, and do some Christmas shopping in my spare time. I'm not going to claim that all the things I'm currently involved with occupy every second of my time. However, it's presumptuous and condescending to decide that I'm being lazy, or whatever people think of me. Like I said, I don't understand. I know I'm letting this bother me way too much. I'm still at a point in my life where I need lots of support from the people around me, and it's hard for me to deal with snide, baseless comments.
Okay, rant over. Today I went to the knee doctor for x-rays and a check-up. It was pretty much what I expected - "It's normal to be sore - you've been through a lot. Here, have some more painkillers." At this point it's not like there's a magic solution. My doc said I should feel a little better when I build more strength, and after more time has passed, and when the weather is warmer. I was also told that I probably have tendinitis in my knee, which would help explain why it hurts so much. Great, just add that on to everything else.
I'm so ready for a vacation. I'll be in Mexico in a month. As it turns out, Mexico is warmer than Wisconsin. Yay!

3 comments:
screw narrow minded people, just do what you got to do and ignore them!
*hug* Love you, Amy!
yay Meheco!
Post a Comment