update on stuff
So I didn't get in to UW-Madison. I'm disappointed, but I'm trying not to let it get me down too much. From what I know of that department, I'm not sure if I would have fit in anyway. I think there are better schools out there for me. The only thing that bothers me is that I wish I knew why I was rejected. I felt like all of my application materials were strong. It would be easier if I knew there was an obvious weak point, and I could blame my rejection on that, and work on it before the next round of applications.
I have a lot of stuff going on this semester. This is the first semester since the accident that I've been a full-time student. I only have 12 credits though, so it should be okay. I have to re-take macroeconomics (gross) and human nutrition, since I dropped them both after the accident. I also have a lit class that's pretty interesting so far. I'm not worried about my classes really - I'm stressed about everything else that I'll be doing. I'll be teaching at Menomonie 2-3 times a week, doing more grad school applications, arranging music & preparing for my recital, going to FOURTY CONCERTS, and trying to find a work study job. Oh, and the trial will happen sometime this semester, and that's bound to stress me out. Oh yeah, and I need to work out every other day or so. Skipping workouts isn't an option, or my leg will never get stronger.
I don't have the energy to do all that stuff.
My ankle has been really sore lately. It hasn't hurt this much in months. I've tried everything I can think of: exercise, stretching, heat, ice, rest, Tylenol, painkillers - nothing seems to help. It must be the weather. My "good" knee has been bothering me now too. I don't know what the deal with that is. It's probably irritated from overuse, since I tend to favor that leg.
This post = a lot of complaining. But isn't that what blogs are for? ;) I'm just feeling a little stressed, but things will get better once I get used to this semester's schedule.

3 comments:
why don't you just ask Madison what they didn't like? They usually will give grad applicants a good answer if you tell them you are trying to improve the application you sent in and want to know what they would recommend...thats what my friends told me anyway- ah well worth a shot if your interested...
Hang in there :) You are too awesome to worry too much!
I know I should just ask... I'm trying to swallow my pride. :P
Amy....just swallow.
LOVE YOU! You can always come over for a "relaxing night" like last weekend if you want...ha.
Post a Comment