random
I saw my knee doc today and he was happy with my progress. He said my knee is stable, and my range of motion is good. He noticed that my leg muscles are still pretty atrophied, but he said that's normal and it will take a while for it to look like the other leg. He said it will take six months or longer to re-build that strength, since I'm recovering from a lot of injuries in addition to the ACL reconstruction. It was kind of good (maybe that's not the word... refreshing?) to hear him acknowledge all the stuff I've been through, since doctors/physical therapists sometimes treat me like the ACL is the only issue I'm having. They're all very familiar with my history, but I think sometimes they just get in the routine of post-ACL reconstruction stuff.
I had physical therapy today too, and had some weird steroid treatment done on my knee to hopefully reduce swelling in my IT band. That seemed to make it feel a little better. My therapist and athletic trainer told me I need to rest more and stop doing any unnecessary activity until the swelling/irritation in my knee gets a little better. I'm getting pretty frustrated at this point because I can't stick to an exercise routine. I have the time, motivation, and means to exercise, but everything I do irritates my knee. I feel like I'm losing some of the strength & endurance I've gained. I've been feeling really weak and fatigued lately, despite eating healthy foods and getting plenty of sleep. I think I'd feel better if I could get into an exercise routine, but there's nothing I can really do about it right now.
It's cold. Luckily cats = cheap heat.

1 comment:
amen to cats being cheap heat. I've been letting my two monsters sleep with us at night and I've been overheating! Sweet action.
Post a Comment