japanese gardens and airplanes
Yesterday I went to a Japanese Garden. It was expensive ($5), and I think it would have been prettier in the spring, but it was neat anyway. Here are some pics:


Today one of my friends took me to Boeing's Friends and Family day, which the company does every year. It was really neat - it was an insider's look at the factory. I got to walk all around the factory and see lots of planes in various stages of being built. I would have taken pictures, but cameras weren't allowed.
My ankle is so sore now - apparently the factory is the largest building (by volume) in the world, and we spent four hours walking all over. I turned down an invitation to hang out tonight because my ankle hurts too much to walk :(
I'm glad I did the Boeing thing though, it was cool. I had Holsinger's "To Tame the Perilous Skies" stuck in my head from looking at all those planes. Remember when Chi-Hi did that for marching band? That was one of my favorite shows.
It sounds like there's some icky weather going on back home and in various tropical places. I hope everyone is safe! It was winter and summer all in one day here: it was 55 degrees and misting this morning, then by this afternoon it was 70 degrees and sunny. Weird.


No comments:
Post a Comment