. . . . .

9.04.2007

weekend, PT, etc.

I hope everyone had a fun Labor Day weekend! I got together with Ben on Saturday, who was on the coast for a quick visit to see his parents in Oregon. He came up to Seattle and we went down to the market and did other touristy things. I had so much fun with him, but it really made me realize how much I miss all my friends.

After Ben left on Sunday, I decided it would be a good idea to go for a hike through Discovery Park. My physical therapists had recommended doing the loop trail, so I decided to check it out. I figured I'd start the hike and then turn around when I started feeling sore. Unfortunately by the time I started getting really sore, I was over halfway through the loop, so I just finished it out. I ended up hiking for over two hours. I was in so much pain by the time I got home, I pretty much spent the rest of the day taking painkillers and icing everything. It was a nice hike though - the weather was great, and it wasn't too crowded. Next time I'll have to bring my camera (and maybe not hike so far).

I spent most of Monday relaxing and doing stuff around the apartment, since I was still pretty sore from the day before. I did head over to West Seattle to see downtown from Alki Beach, which was kind of neat. Here's a pic from there:


Today I had physical therapy. It's been going pretty well, but today was just painful. I was sore to begin with because of the weather (we actually had a thunderstorm here last night, believe it or not). And I was probably still a little stiff from the hike I took on Sunday. Anyway, PT today consisted of lots of pushing on lots of sore spots - which is what they usually do, but today it was worse than usual. But we discovered that I have more bones that aren't moving - now it's my fibula and some little bone in my foot. Add those to the list, I guess.

The past couple of times I've gone to PT, they taped my knee. I guess it's a technique which helps the kneecap to stay in the proper alignment. They literally just move the kneecap over and put tape on it to keep it there. The last time they did it, it didn't hurt too much, and it seemed to give me some relief over the next couple of days (while the tape was still on). Today though, I had the other therapist, and she wasn't quite as gentle with it. She taped it a lot tighter, which I suppose is probably a good thing, but it hurt a lot when she did it. In retrospect I probably should have taken a painkiller before going to PT today.

Anyway, here are some photos I took tonight from Carkeek Park (overlooking Puget Sound and the Olympics when they're not hiding):


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ow. My knee caps are hurting just from reading that.