. . . . .

11.28.2005



tired



I'm happy to report that things with the exercise bike are going better. I've been able to do full revolutions (backwards) a couple times a day. It still hurts but I guess it's getting a little easier.

I got in a little argument with my parents this morning. They want me to go to water therapy tomorrow, which happens to be held weekly at about the same time as my music history class. I pointed out the fact that I missed class last week due to therapy, and they told me that I have to do all the therapy I can in order to prevent having a permanent disability. I don't want to think about the possibility of having a disability, because I realize it's only a slim chance, and I don't do well with negative reinforcement. I don't want to dwell on what could happen. I work harder at my exercises and stuff when I think about being able to go biking or snowboarding again soon. Anyway, I'm going to water therapy tomorrow. I feel bad complaining about my parents because they've done so much for me, but it bothers me sometimes that they can be kind of negative (or, I guess, realistic). I overhear my mom talking on the phone sometimes telling people how long of a recovery I have ahead of me. Also, whenever I talk about living in EC or doing things on my own, my parents act skeptical. Whatever. I don't know what pisses me off more: the things they're saying or the fact that they're probably right. Or maybe they won't be right after all - I like proving people wrong.

I was already pretty bitter today, and then I saw the evil bitch. I looked at her and she pretended she hadn't just been staring at me. And she walked right by.. she hasn't talked to me since before the accident. I could spend a lot longer bitching about her but she's not worth my time.

Earlier today I thought of a few things I should mention on here, but now I can't think of anything. I should stop writing so late because I'm never very good with words when I'm tired. Well, here are some more random updates:
- I'm taking my last antibiotic after I write this post, and then I'm officially done with the prescription drugs (until my next surgery).
- My bruises from the accident are almost all gone!
- ...But I've developed some new bruises from my walking cast. Someone has played a cruel joke on me - the hard support parts in my walking cast go right over the incision on my ankle.
- My hair is growing, very slowly...
- I still have a bump & a sore on my face, which I have a feeling is going to be with me for a while.
- The pain is becoming more tolerable.
- I was talking to Andrea some more, and we decided the staff should really get together soon!
- No more weird dreams yet, but I haven't been sleeping all that well again. I didn't take a nap today, so it should be easier tonight.
- I had a lot of visitors over Thanksgiving break, which was really nice!
- I need to stop going to the mall with my mom and getting new things. I've fallen in love with Bath & Body Works (I never used to care much for "aromatherapy", but I like it now) and I now have more pajamas than I'll ever need.

Blah... Like I said, I don't write well at night ;)
Tomorrow: I'll write about water therapy and my upcoming MRI.

1 comment:

tara dawn said...

I just happened to come across your blog tonight. I know I don't know you, and so I hope I am not being intrusive by writing a comment. I just wanted to say that I am incredibly proud of you. Your strength shines through in your words. Though I will not pretend to know what you must be going through, I will tell you that tragedy has the power to either break us or make us grow stronger. My best wishes to you that you continue on your path of strength. - Tara
P.S. If you are ever bored, you are more than welcome to check out my blogs.