busy busy
Things I have to in the next month or so:
- take engagement photos for Nicole and Mark
- take photos for Jazzfest
- play piano on five pieces for Wind Symphony (!!)
- play tympani at the Viennese Ball
- accompany Kyle for a piece on his recital
- play a gig or two with the Troppo Big Band
- other stuff I'm forgetting.
This is all stuff I love doing, and I'm pretty pumped for these opportunities. However, it's a lot of stuff all at once. I still have to finish up my three incompletes from last semester. I wish I didn't have those classes hanging over my head, because I want to enjoy all this fun stuff I have coming up. Here is my gameplan: I will finish my incompletes up by the end of Easter break. I have to write four papers. That's one for each day of break. It's a lot of work but I would be so happy to just be DONE.
I've been pushing myself really hard lately, but the harder I push myself, the more rest I need. My typical day consists of going to class or studying for a bit, exercising for an hour, taking a nap, sitting in bed with my foot elevated for a few hours (throughout the day), and sleeping for at least 9 hours. I used to keep myself really busy, and I liked it that way, but I can't handle that yet. I think people kind of forget that I still don't have much energy, and I'm still in pain. But I shouldn't complain. All this upcoming stuff is what I dreamed of doing during those months I was stuck in bed. It may be hard to do everything, but it will be so fulfilling.
I have pretty much decided that I'm going to have the metal taken out of my ankle as soon as possible. June would be a good time because I'll be done with school and I'll be living in my new apartment, which has a bedroom and bathroom on the first floor, so I can recover at home (instead of at my parents' house). My ankle has hurt ever since getting the metal put in and it's just not feeling any better. Every step I take is painful. I don't know if having the metal taken out will help, but it's worth a try. I'm willing to go through the pain and ordeal of another surgery just to have it taken out. I have to say I'm getting pretty sick of doing dressing changes though - my ankle incision is STILL open. blaha09t[a092j4[092j9j5.
In other news, just when I thought my parking problems were done, I got another parking ticket today. I parked in a GF (guaranteed faculty) spot, and got a $20 ticket informing me that my handicap permit isn't valid in those spots. Okay, I realize you have to be fancy-pants in order to park in GF spots. But if my handicap permit doesn't allow me to park there, WHY IN THE FUCK DID THE PEOPLE IN THE PARKING OFFICE TELL ME I CAN???!!!! Employees of the parking office told both my mom and I (on separate occasions) that I can park anywhere except 20-minute meters, loading zones, and fire lanes. I was told that I can park in spots labeled for students, faculty, or guaranteed faculty. I called the head of the parking office today and told her about the ticket and she informed me that I can't park in GF spots. Thanks, that's helpful. I asked her why her employees told me I could park there, and she brushed me off by telling me I can fill out a form to try and appeal the ticket. Every time I have a problem like this it makes me wonder why I am continuing with classes this semester. That may sound overdramatic, but it's so hard for me just to get out of bed and into my classrooms without having to worry about this bullshit.

2 comments:
me + molitov coctail + a trip to the parking office = no more problems.
*waving arms around Amy's ankle* "I have to protect. I have to protect!" Ha, twas a good time last night. I love seeing you! Ha, but Raji and I both agree that you need to have another party with jello shots so I can spoon-feed him again. Ha. Love you.
Post a Comment