reflective/tired
I don't know why, but I've been in a reflective mood lately. Maybe because we're nearing the end of the semester and the end of the year.
Among the things I've been thinking about: how people act in unexpected situations, and what it says about them. After the accident, one of my friends said that bad situations like this bring out the true nature of people. She was referring to myself and the others who were injured, but I think people show their true selves when interacting with others who are going through a bad situation. Basically, I think a person's ability to empathize says a lot about them - their maturity level, their experiences, etc. Looking back on everything I've been through, I've encountered some real assholes since the accident (the parking office, and others who will go unnamed). It amazes me that people can be so callous. On the other hand, most people have been really amazing, and have shown their best side to me while I've been going through this really difficult time. That was explained better in my head. Oh well.
Tomorrow is the annual Holiday Lobby Concert in the Fine Arts building. It will be fun, but it brings up memories of last year, of me being in a wheelchair and seeing a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time. It was an emotional day for me, though I probably didn't make it obvious. It's amazing to think of how far I've come in a year, and how much my friends have been there for me.
I've been going to the gym a lot lately in an attempt to build up my endurance, but it's going to take a very long time before I see much improvement. My knee has been giving out a lot because my leg muscles are so fatigued from exercising. Fortunately I wear a knee brace, so it doesn't hurt too much when my knee gives out. Stairs are still difficult/painful - no change there.
I think I had more to say, but I'm tired.


2 comments:
wow those are some wonderful pictures! When are coming here and taking some?? :)
oh my god you're pictures are amazing as usual. you are an inspritation to me. over the last year you have overcome so much and i know you are still far from recovered,as are we all, but i don't think i could ever meet a much stronger person. i wish i had your determination
Post a Comment