I had a dream last night that G was still alive, and he was getting ready to retire. I was at Parents' Night, watching the last show that the Cardinals would do under G's direction. I sat in the crowded bleachers with proud parents and my fellow alumni. It was a nice sunny day, and the crowd was in a celebratory mood. I think the show was a patriotic theme (but that may have been due to the fact that I had this dream on the eve of election day). Everyone in the crowd waved little red and gold flags, and at the end of the show, a huge banner was hung from one of the goal posts, wishing G a happy retirement.
As a parting gift to his students and former students, G told everyone that we could each ask him one question. It could be about anything - we could ask about his career, or seek advice, or whatever. We were to write a question on a piece of paper, and he would answer us later via email. I remember writing down a question, folding the paper, and putting it in the box along with the other scraps of paper. I just wish I could remember what I wrote...
.
.
.
.
.
11.04.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment